Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Montrose, CO (7/4/2018) & Cimarron, CO (7/5/2018)

The past week or so was pretty quiet with little travel.  However, I did attend the Montrose fireworks show on July 4th, and I hope you enjoy photos of the display.  As usual, the rockets were set off from Sunset Mesa, one of my favorite spots for sunset viewing.  I got to the mesa more than an hour early to see the sunset and get a good spot for watching the fireworks.  There were quite a few people already there when I arrived and hundreds more vehicles came in before the show started. I was happy to find a parking spot that allowed me to beat the traffic by leaving a few minutes before the program ended.













The next day I took a ride over to the Cimarron area, hoping to find lots of wildflowers.  Unfortunately, the selection of wildflowers was somewhat limited, so I included some birds and butterflies.





Red-winged Blackbird
Hummingbird
Yellow-headed Blackbird

Western Kingbird


No comments:

Post a Comment