Thursday, May 27, 2021

Dubois and Jackson, WY (5/14 thru 20/2021)

 My campground in Dubois was right on the Wind River with some nice views of the formations on the other side.  It was especially attractive on a cloudy evening when the sun broke through enough to spotlight the rocks.



Being on the river, we had some Canada geese pairs take up residence on the river bank and start raising a family.  The very young goslings were soon walking around the grounds with their parents'







There were other birds as I traveled around the area, many of them too wary to be photographed.  Only a few were willing to pose for the camera.

Savannah Sparrow

Horned Lark


Black-billed Magpie

House Sparrow

The day I left Dubois, I once again drove over Togwotee Pass and enjoyed more mountain views.



From a distance, the Teton Mountains came into view, but it wasn't until I actually  reached Grand teton National Park that the full beauty of the Tetons could be seen.  I stopped at several different overlooks in order to get slightly different views of these majestic mountains.  I don't think there are any prettier mountains anywhere.

 

 






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment