Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Rattlesnake Gulch, CO (11/8/2016) & Montrose, CO (11/13 & 11/17/2016)

Immediately after leaving Escalante Canyon, I got a close up view of a large adobe hill in front of the Lands End section of Grand Mesa.
Turning south toward home, I noticed a side road that had escaped my attention before then.  Pulling over, I saw the road sign for "Rattlesnake Gulch", which definitely intrigued me no end.  How could I not explore such a delightful sounding place.  Although the road was only a few miles long, the scenery it held was certainly worth the time it took, even though it was delaying my lunch even further.



A video of the drive can be viewed at Rattlesnake Gulch.

Several days later, I went out for the evening to photograph the Super Moon as it rose over the Black Canyon uplift. From Flat Top Mesa, I knew there would be a good view of the moonrise.  As the sun was setting in the west, it provided great light on the adobe hills in front of the uplift.  Before long, the full moon began to peek over the mountain.

 Another few days passed before we got the first snow of the season.  It was only 1.5 inches in Montrose, and it didn't hang around long on the warm ground, but it motivated me to snap a few photos from my yard.  Those who live in the midwest or northeast won't consider this a big deal, but folks in the south might see it differently.  As the season progresses and snowfall increases, I hope to get some shots of snow-covered mountains.






1 comment:

  1. The day we arrived for our move to Denver it snowed . . June 1st . . get used to it . . you'll see lots

    ReplyDelete