Friday, June 1, 2018

Southwest Colorado (5/9 through 5/29/2018)

Although much of this period was used to catch up on mundane activities around home, there were a few opportunities to visit some of the areas within a one hour drive of Montrose.  I've also included a few sunsets and some  of the wildlife encountered in my travels.



House Finch
 Driving around on McKenzie Butte resulted in some good views of the San Juan Mountains.


Western Meadowlark

 Lately, a herd of mule deer have been grazing near my house, spending time in the small park across the street.

Mourning Dove

Robin

Yellow-headed Blackbird

Western Tanager


On the night of the Flower Moon, I drove to Ridgway to watch the moon rise over the Cimarron Range. 





The next morning, I caught the moonset from my back door.




No comments:

Post a Comment