Saturday, April 13, 2019

Lower Salt River Rec Area, AZ (3/29/2019)

One last visit to Lower Salt River before leaving Central Arizona produced some good opportunities with the wild horses and other wildlife, not to mention the desert wildflowers that were peaking at that time.  Most of the horses were quite docile and inactive, except for a couple youngsters who kept "tussling".  Only a short distance from me, unfortunately they were behind some trees that interfered with the photos.  Even so, I think you might enjoy the action shots.  I should point out that no one got hurt, and in the end everyone walked away as friends.










The squirrels and prairie dogs were also active this very warm day.  I caught this one fellow who was slinking along the ground, apparently stalking an acorn.😀


It was great being able to observe and enjoy an exceptional wildflower season.





Even the cacti were looking pretty good to me.


Here are a few sunset photos from my last days in Apache Junction. 





No comments:

Post a Comment