Friday, June 21, 2019

Alaska Cruise - Montrose To Seattle, 6/8 & 6/9, 2019

I recently enjoyed the company of my son's family on a cruise to Alaska.  Despite having some expected bad weather along the way, and coming down with a nasty cold, I had a great time being with them and sharing some really nice activities.  I hope you find the resulting travelogues to be of interest.

My flights to Seattle via Phoenix were pretty uneventful, with everything on schedule.  I tried to get a few photos from the plane, even though I didn't always have a window seat.

Fields Near Montrose

San Juan Mountains

Mount Adams

Mount Rainier
From my hotel there was a good view of Mount Rainier lit by the setting sun, although I did have to shoot through a dirty window.
After a nice family breakfast the next day, we had time to walk around town, choosing to concentrate on the Pike Place Public Market, one of the top tourist spots in Seattle.  They have probably the best variety of freshly caught seafood of any place I've seen.






Since the market area is much higher than the waterfront, we had a great view of the piers, including our ship the Norwegian Bliss.


Once we boarded, we could see more of the city's skyline, including the famous Space Needle, as well as another glimpse of Mount Rainier through the superstructure of Century Link Stadium, where the Seahawks play football.




No comments:

Post a Comment