Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Massachusetts, September 25-27, 2006 (Re-run)

 Medical Update

Following successful surgery, I was discharged from the hospital late Monday afternoon.  My son, Randy, had flown in from Florida to help me through this period, so he drove me home.  While not 100% yet, I'm confident I will be back on my feet in a few days.  A Home Health Care nurse arrives today to provide any needed care.  Maybe soon this entire episode will be behind me, although there will be surgery in the future to reconnect my GI system.

I want to thank everyone for their good wishes, prayers and overall support It truly helps to know that others are pulling for you. 

***********************************************************************************

 When we think of Massachusetts, many of us picture the Boston metropolitan area.  That area certainly has historical appeal, but the western portion of the state has the outdoor beauty associated with other New England states.  Our first stop was in the village of Shelburne Falls, famous for its Bridge of Flowers.  When the trolley bridge close in 1928, it became an eyesore, with weeds overtaking it.  The Women's Club assumed maintenance of the bridge, replacing the weeds with a variety of plants and flowers, resulting in a beautiful blooming period from April through October.  The bridge now attracts people from all over the world.



Another attraction in the town is the Deerfield River, with its unique Glacial Potholes.  











Mount Greylock is a 3500 mountain known for its expansive views.  Nathaniel Hawthorne and Herman Melville used to hike the many trails on the mountain.  The summit was chosen for placement of a Veterans War Memorial Tower.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment