Thursday, May 12, 2016

Montrose, CO (5/5 - 5/11/2016)

My first week in Montrose was spent primarily in looking for a new home.  Even a long period of cloudy, occasionally rainy weather didn't keep me from this important mission.  Part of my search included getting familiar with all parts of town, which also allowed for a few photos to share.

Any interest in this slightly used room with a view?

As I mentioned, lots of cloudy weather of late, but not necessarily a bad thing.

  



There are lots of western kingbirds in this area.

Spring in Colorado produces lovely flowers, like this bearded iris at the Visitor Center.

As you might expect, there are many horses grazing the pastures around town.  This is one of the most unusual horses I've seen anywhere.

I've always found sunsets here to be pretty special.

 Along with the mountains that surround Montrose, the "adobe badlands" are very scenic, especially when lit up by a setting sun.
 
 
 

 

In addition to all the horses and cows in local pastures, I did see one llama looking for a playmate.

 Even in the fading last light of the day, the San Juan Mountains look mighty inviting.

Just to keep everyone up to date, I have found a place I like and made an offer.  Once I get a response, I'll be sure to let you know.



6 comments:

  1. Fantastic . . . beautiful area . . . got everything crossed for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you have decided to resettle in God's Country. My daughter lives up the road in Paonia, we are going there this weekend to see granddaughter in a school play. Ed Massart in Santa Fe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to visit on your way to Paonia, once I've moved in.

      Delete
  3. Love the "lean-to"! Nice and airy and I'll bet the taxes are low! Good luck with the offer.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete