Thursday, April 19, 2018

Paria Plateau - Coyote Buttes South, AZ (4/9/2018)

Despite having twice visited Coyote Buttes South in years past, I had not seen the entire area there and wanted to go back.  Last year, I missed out on getting  a permit (only ten per day are available on a walk-in basis).  This year I had better luck, getting my permit without even having to participate in a drawing.  In fact, only eight permits were issued.  Back at camp, I invited the two nice women (Renee and Linda) in the next site to join me on the trip by obtaining the two remaining permits.  They got the permits and we made the trip the following day.

It's a long drive from where we were, some of it rough road, some of it deep sand.  We arrived around 10 am and made the walk over sandy trail to the colorful formations.  After three hours, we'd had enough walking and climbing around the rocks, enthralled with the art created by Mother Nature.  This still leaves my experience there incomplete, since I learned of a western section that will have to wait for another time.  Needless to say, my companions were thrilled to have had the opportunity to see such a place.

























No comments:

Post a Comment