Monday, February 14, 2022

Miscellaneous Locations, SW Utah - September, 2004 (Re-run)

 The entire area of Southwest Utah is loaded with scenic locations that beg to be visited.  It would be virtually impossible to visit all of them on a single trip, which is why I've made so many trips to the region, and will continue to do so as long as possible.  On this particular trip, I made photos of only a few locations that I want to share.

I often stay in the town of Leeds and pass by Quail Creek State Park as I come and go.  The park is essentially a reservoir set aside for mostly boating and fishing, but it has some very colorful formations.




Cedar City is a small town northwest of Zion N P on the way to Bryce Canyon N P.  Just outside of town are some impressive formations, especially when lit by the setting sun.






Red Canyon is located near Bryce Canyon N P and with formations similar in appearance.  It seems to be often overlooked by tourists who are rushing to get to the more famous, and more spectacular, Bryce Canyon.  I'll admit I've never explored the park via its many trails, usually just viewing the formations visible from the main highway.  I'm sure that locals give it a lot more attention.














2 comments:

  1. So very beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing Stan, I hope you are well and having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Becky. I'm hanging in, waiting to see if I need bypass surgery. Hope you are enjoying retirement.

      Delete