Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Rocky Mountain N P Again - August 25-30, 2005 (Re-run)

 Medical Update: I was overly optimistic to think I might escape side effects of my treatments.  It kicked in over the week-end and is still with me today.  Trust me, you don't want a more detailed description.  Lots of Pepto-Bismol and Immodium seem to be getting it under control.  My trip to Tucson yesterday was a wash-out, as the radiation machine broke while I was on the table.  I'm not sure when it will be repaired.  More interstate accidents added an hour to my trip home, a fine way to end the day.

***********************************************************************************

With a new set of family members in tow, we went back into RMNP.  I'll try not to repeat things from our first visit, but concentrate on new stuff.  For one thing, we saw lots more wildlife this time around, probably due to the changing season.










 We also enjoyed better sunsets this time around.  On a second visit to the Stanley Hotel, we got a photo of the original Stanley Steamer automobile and the portrait of Mr. Stanley himself.




 

An interesting side trip took us to the historic town called Gold Hill, which dates to 1859 when the first gold discovery in CO occurred.  Population once reached 1500 people, but is currently just over 200.  Unfortunately, a wild fire damaged much of the town in 2010, but donations from all over have helped in the recovery effort.  This is what we saw in 2005.









 


No comments:

Post a Comment