Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Apache Junction & Hewitt Canyon, AZ (3/10/2019)

As previously noted, the wildflower bloom is pretty good this year.  Residents and snowbirds alike have been flocking to the desert to view and photograph the blooms.  I have done my share of this as I traveled around town.



The search for wildflowers took me into the Superstition Mountains, driving into Hewitt Canyon.  It was great mountain scenery with the bonus of some colorful wildflowers along the way.
 One of several creeks to be forded.







 It's rare to see a fallen saguaro.  Normally they remain standing long after death, eventually rotting away until only the wooden ribs remain.
 When I pulled over to take this shot, I noticed an arch up on the mountainside, so I took a close-up.  Officially it's name is Hewitt Canyon Arch, but some call it Elephant Arch.











 Later, back in Apache Junction, we enjoyed another nice sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment