Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Bridgeport, CA - Part 2 - October 6, 2021

 Using the Mono County Fall Color Guide web site, I decided to check out several locations near Bridgeport.  One, Virginia Lakes, I visited several years ago and found it to be beautiful, so I was happy to return.  The other, Lundy Lake, I had never been to.

On the way to Virginia Lakes, I made a quick stop at a highway turnout to admire the foliage on Conway Summit.



Virginia Lakes is in a remote area and is primarily a fishing destination.  However, each fall it becomes very popular with photographers and "leaf peepers".













Lundy Lake was quite low, but proved to be very worthwhile.  At the end of the paved road, a narrow unpaved road led into the woods.  Not knowing where it went or how far it went, I took it.  After passing a series of beaver ponds and some nice scenery, the trail ended at a very rustic campground.



















No comments:

Post a Comment