Wednesday, October 27, 2021

June Lake Loop, CA - October 16, 2021

 Alone again, I checked the weather forecast and decided I was safe in going back into California to see a few places that I bypassed on the way north.  In just a couple hours, I was in the town of Lee Vining at a campground I've used several times in the past.  I had reports of good fall color on Tioga Pass, but felt I would need a full day to drive over to Yosemite Valley and back.  Since it was already afternoon, I chose to visit June Lake Loop, just a few miles down the highway.

The June Lake Loop road is an eighteen mile misshapen "horseshoe" that connects with US 395 at both ends, with four lakes within the loop and a couple more just outside that require hiking.  Of course, majestic mountains line both sides of the loop.  I was immediately struck by the large number of people out taking photos, a sure sign that colors would be good,  Unfortunately, there was so much traffic it was near impossible to find places to park.  I was satisfied to stay in the car and just pull over when possible.




























No comments:

Post a Comment