Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Northern Utah - July 28 & 29, 2005 (Re-run)

 First, an update on my medical situation.  The first iron infusion has helped quite a bit, giving me more energy and minimizing the effects of anemia.  I'll have another on July 18.  I've had a "chemo port" implanted in my chest to accommodate chemo infusions.  My treatment plan has changed a bit since the last update, as my doctors became aware of a study that showed the five-week radiation schedule along with chemo-therapy produced better results, with 36% complete remission and no need for surgery.  Sign me up!  So, the plan kicks in on July 18.  I'll have a chemo pump attached that will dispense the drug throughout the week, then the iron infusion, after which I'll drive to Tucson for my first radiation treatment.  Radiation will continue for the rest of the week, and the process will repeat for the following four weeks.

***********************************************************************************

After a really nice stay in Rocky Mountain National Park, including a visit from family, we headed over to Northern Utah for a few days on our way to Nevada for more family visitation.  We first toured the Payson area, a small town south of Salt Lake City.  This town of 21,000 people dates to about 1850 and is surrounded by the Wasatch Mountains, making for beautiful scenery.










One of the cultural attractions in Payson is the Peteetneet Museum, originally the first school in Payson, named for  the chief of the Paiute tribe that lived in the area when the town was founded.

The Mirror Lake Scenic Byway is a 42 mile long drive through the Uinta Mountains east of Salt Lake City.  In addition to its natural beauty, this road is popular for recreational opportunities offered by many lakes, picnic areas, campgrounds and hiking trails.  Closed in Winter due to heavy snow, the road tops out at 10,715 feet and is a good place to view wildlife.




















No comments:

Post a Comment