Sunday, November 8, 2015

Hillman, Michigan (10/13-10/16)

After some six weeks of touring the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I crossed over into the Lower Peninsula on Oct. 13.  Driving the motor home across the Mackinac Bridge with 25-30 mph winds was an interesting proposition.  Holding the steering wheel hard against the prevailing wind when the wind suddenly shifted to the opposite direction gave me the momentary feeling that I could drive right off the bridge.  After one such lurch, Cookie came up front to remind me that cats don't like to swim.

Safely across the Straits of Mackinac, I headed down the coast of Lake Huron.  I had wanted to camp in Cheboygan to visit a lighthouse there, but the only nearby campground had just closed for the season.  Instead, I drove by the lighthouse and found it was really not much to see. I drove on to the small town of Hillman to spend several days at Thunder Bay Resort, one of the nicest campgrounds I visited on the entire trip.  Although Hillman is some twenty miles from the lake shore, I enjoyed the area because of the many back roads available to me.  Also, the fall colors were pretty much at peak during my time there.    There's not much to say about the individual photos, but I hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them.


Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Happy Barn

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

Hillman, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment