Thursday, October 6, 2016

Ophir Pass & Ridgway (9/25/2016)

This posting will finally wrap up that beautiful Sunday driving along the Million Dollar Highway, one of the most exhilarating days I've had during my time in Colorado.  Although I've driven Ophir Pass several times, this trip was more exciting and even more spectacular than before.  The recent snow fall added to the beauty and the thrill, since it covered the road at the top of the pass, nearly 12,000 feet ASL.



















I've added two videos, one that covered the drive from Molas Pass to the Ophir Pass turnoff (Molas Pass to Ophir Pass ) and one that shows the Ophir Pass drive itself ( Ophir Pass).

On the way home, while passing through Ridgway, I noticed good light and nice clouds on the Sneffles Range and Cimmaron Ridge.


2 comments:

  1. Last week Bonnie and I drove I 25 Denver to Cheyennne and we saw some beautiful mountains from afar. Colorado is certainly a beautiful state.
    Harold Farin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got to see some scenery. Too bad you weren't closer to Montrose.

      Delete