Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Owl Creek Canyon, Arch Canyon & Comb Ridge, Utah - April 14, 2007 (Re-run)

 Cedar Mesa is famous for having numerous picturesque canyons, many of which contain Native American ruins and rock art.  Hikers come here from all over to visit and explore these canyons.  Most of them require longer hikes, including back-packing overnight, so I chose not to do them.  I truly regret that my interest in such activity only started after my age had become a limiting factor.

 Owl Creek Canyon is one that I decided to hike, not all the way through, but in a few miles before turning back.  Even this made for an interesting hike that included small ruins.









 Arch Canyon appealed to me because it has a road, well sort of, that goes deep into the canyon.  My vehicle at the time was not suited for the entire trail, but it did get a fair distance before I became concerned for the possibility of getting stuck in the boonies.













To wrap up this particular day, we drove to the top of Comb Ridge and explored as far as the road went.  The views from the top, looking down into Arch Canyon, were breathtaking.












No comments:

Post a Comment