Thursday, October 12, 2023

San Rafael Swell Again, Part 5 - April 28, 2007 (Re-run)

 On our last day in the San Rafael Swell, I decided to hike a canyon that had been described to me as "Three Arch Canyon", with a tease "can you find all three arches?".   It wasn't a particularly long hike as I recall, but there was no trail once in the canyon, just rock floor with occasional pools of water.  I did find all three arches, although I didn't recognize that until I looked at the photos.  One is actually a double arch that doesn't stand out.  I also found a small petroglyph panel.  My recent research shows the canyon is called Spirit Arch and Petroglyph Canyon, Double Arch Canyon, Petroglyph Canyon and maybe other names.












This is the double arch, one clearly visible and one less obvious.











And here is the third arch.


Here is the small petroglyph panel, not terribly impressive.





No comments:

Post a Comment